Friday, December 26, 2008

Free Verse

The Face of a Pretender
by: Mabelle Zinah D. Corpuz
I may not have shown my feelings to anyone
But inside me lies a weak heart
one that silently weeps and,
one which bears the grudges of a happy face.

What's without may not be what's within,
and that is the situation I am in
I show them just the person they wanted to see,
But I'm doubting, is that the real me?

Pretending may be an art I am best in
But I can't do this thing till end,
because in every minute that pass,
It's getting harder more than I thought.

Now, I'm thinking to cahnge this silly thing
and be just who I really am
I must accept that I can't please everyone,
and not all can accept me for who I am.

After all, the world still goes around,
even with me lying alone in the ground
all I can do is to go on with the flow,
go on where ever the wind may blow.

No comments: