Sunday, January 4, 2009

Insensitive (Free verse)


Insensitive

It's been a long time ago,
Since I fell in love
And broke my heart
like tearing myself apart.

The time had already passed by
But there is still something inside
That I cannot understand,
That I cannot distinguish.

Those days are such nightmares of my life,
Those are the days I was alone in the dark,
Those are the days that give me the fright to turn back,
Yes, I am afraid to be deserted.

One day, I told myself that I've changed
That I moved on,
But still the fright is inside of me,
Though I know I am not alone anymore.

Now, new things came.
New friends,
New people,
Everything is new except my frights.

The sad feeling of staying in the darkest corner.
The fright that covers me,
The fright that kills me little by little,
everyday and every night.

There are people who are willing to enter my world,
But I don't allow them.
Wanna ask me why?
Because I don't have any feelings anymore.

Yes, I am insensitive
I am impenetrable.
I know deep inside me,
Above all these great things in my life, there's something lacking.

Not love,
Not hope,
Not faith,
Just something I don't recognize until now.


Dawn May C. Manansala
IV-Platinum

No comments: